Wednesday, February 13, 2013

~Creamy Cheesy Pie~

 It's very peaceful...listening to the water trickle down into the gutters as the snow on our roof melts.  Today it was 40°F and the bright sunshine filled my Computer/ Sewing room as I was typing.  Yesterday, my hubby used our Snow Rake to remove snow from the edges of our roof.  We are not looking for a repeat of the winter of 2011!  The water moving downward is a welcoming sound today.
Hubby Working!
Tomorrow is a day of FuN!  It's always great to make a fave dessert for Valentine's Day!  So many to choose from.  Suddenly, the vision of a Creamy Cheesy Pie appeared!  It's an easy dessert that my mother-in-law tempted me with so many years ago.
Ingredients
We were visiting in the sunny state of FL during the winter.  The week before I had baked a delicious creamy Cheesecake.  Much Cream Cheese, Sugar, a homemade crust, and much prep time in my creation.  After sampling the first bite of her treat, I knew I'd never spend that much time again using my recipe.  Hers was so easy...hers was so tasty...hers was a lot less effort!  It was delicious!  From that time on I make it for a special occasion.  Valentine's Day is definitely a special occasion this month!

Creamy Cheesy Pie 

Ingredients:

(1) small pkg. Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding Mix
(1) pkg. 8 oz. Cream Cheese
(2) Cups Milk
(1) Pre-made Graham Cracker Pie Shell

Method:

  1. Prepare Pudding according to package directions.
  2. Place Cream Cheese in a medium bowl.
  3. Pour hot Pudding over Cream Cheese and whisk until smooth.
  4. Pour mixture into Graham Cracker crust.  Smooth mixture to crust edges.
  5. Cool - maybe 30 minutes and cover with plastic wrap.  I leave small amount unwrapped on edge.
  6. Refrigerate overnight.
  7. Cut into slices.  Add whipped cream on top.
  8. Place berries on the side.
  9. Refrigerate remaining pie to enjoy again.  Yum!
  • My family uses 1% Milk, so I add 1 Tablespoon powdered milk into pot before making pudding.
  • Sometimes I substitute Neufchatel Cheese for Cream Cheese. 
  • I use Jell-O brand pudding mix, because when using the Jell-O brand I do not burn the bottom of the pot.  :)

My older son has made a Chocolate Creamy Cheesy Pie - using Chocolate Cook & Serve Pudding

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Enjoy!
Yummy!


    

3 comments:

Stacey said...

That pie sounds delicious. I have a confession to make...we love Jello Cheesecakes...you know the kits that come with everything. I'm a homemade cook mostly but they are wonderful. Your pie sounds really similar. :)

Happy Valentine's Day.

JG said...

Stacey- The Jell-O cheesecakes do sound similar. This, with cook & serve pudding, also takes about 15- 20 minutes. :) So easy!
~Judy

Mary Bergfeld said...

These flavors combine so well that it this no wonder that these cakes have remained so popular. I'm glad that rake was put to good use. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary