The preparation is so easy. Neither fancy sauces nor salty additions are needed to accent the taste of this scrumptious fish. A metal grilling basket or container is needed. It prevents the fillet from dropping down into the grill. :)
Grilled Sockeye Salmon
- Spray grilling basket (container) with PAM.
- Heat grill.
- On a large dish pour about 2 TBS. Olive Oil.
- Sprinkle a little Paprika on top.
- Rinse a Salmon Fillet in running cold water, place on the Olive Oil/Paprika.
- Turn the fish over to coat the skin side.
- Place the Salmon Fillet in grilling basket on grill.
- Half way through, turn over and grill the other side.
- The amount of needed grilling time depends on the size of the piece of salmon and the grill.
- A 1 lb. piece requires 5 – 7 minutes on each side.