Sunday, December 27, 2009

Banana Flavored?

Definitely! For so many years Cream of Wheat cereal has been a nutritious, calcium enriched, creamy Breakfast prepared and eaten during the cold winter months. On a brisk winter day this cereal just hits the spot! It takes little time to prepare and tastes so good.

After enjoying a wonderful Christmas with family and eating special foods, it was time to get back to a routine. This morning I glanced over to our Fruit Bowl. One remaining piece of fruit was in the Bowl - an overripe Banana.

No, an overripe Banana is not a piece of fruit that I find yummy. But, it would be bursting with flavor. This morning the lonely spotted Banana was cut into slices and placed in the pot containing the Cream of Wheat granules and the Milk. Following the directions on the box, Breakfast was ready quickly.

Ah, Banana flavored Cream of Wheat! Now, that is one tasty breakfast!

As this year comes to a close, and a new year is around the corner, I wish all of you, my Blogging Friends - Happy New Year!!!

4 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I haven't bought cream of wheat in years but I love putting fruit in oatmeal. I dice up some apple slices into the oatmeal while it is cooking and then add cinnamon when I serve it! That's good, too! Enjoy your evening!

Carol said...

I love Cream of Wheat, my grandma made it for us all the time, lumps and all! Never had it with banana's, have to try it! Thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

That looks good and I love cream of wheat. I hope you and your family are blessed with a truly awesome New Year! Happy 2010!!!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Hope that 2010 is an extra special year for you! Haven't tried Cream of Wheat but love eating porridge in winter.