However, it is customary on the second day after Thanksgiving, we will dine on Turkey a la King for our main meal. Small bits of turkey along with carrots and peas in a creamy milk sauce placed over toasted oatmeal bread. It's a much easier version of Turkey Pot Pie. Is it easy? You might ask. Oh, it's very simple to prepare. And also quick! Just remember the Cranberry Sauce!!!
Turkey a la King
Serves 2 - 3 Adults
1/4 cup Margarine/Butter, melted (I use unsalted.)
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Chicken Broth (I use College Inn low fat, less salt.)
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Turkey chunks (cooked), more if desired
2 Cups Cooked Carrots and Peas
- Melt Margarine/Butter in skillet.
- Remove skillet from Medium heat and slowly stir in Flour.
- Return to heat and slowly add in Chicken Broth and Milk while slowly stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring over heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add Turkey chunks.
- Add in cooked vegetables.
- Stir and heat mixture.
- Serve over toasted Bread.