Wednesday, May 4, 2011


...rethinking the process is needed!  That certainly was the situation Sunday night after my yogurt fiasco!  In the early afternoon the milk was prepped and I happily filled my Donvier yogurt containers.  The timers were set.  I had a wonderful chat with neighbors and even more neighbors while taking the daily walk.  In other words, the entire afternoon was spent outside enjoying the sun filled day.  Later that evening the two yogurt makers' buzzers signaled that it was time to place all of the containers in my fridge.  Oh, much to my great surprise all was not well in the yogurt department.  Everything remained in a liquid state and down the drain it went.  :(

Perhaps the milk was too hot when I added the culture.  Maybe I miscounted the amount of yogurt I added.  It still remains a mystery to me, because I used my thermometer.  This did happen about 1 and 1/2 years ago.  Whatever the reason, I started anew today.  The view outside my front window still shows the tulip beds, but the flowers are closed while the rain falls downward.  

Sure hope the yogurt - with a new starter - is in a solid state tonight!  :)


Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

Beautiful view from your window, so pretty! Hope your yogurt works out!

Rita said...

Spring is at your place; love it. Good luck witht he yogurt
Happy weekend.

JG said...

Carol & Rita- 16 containers of yogurt made their way into my fridge that evening! Spring is here and all is well! :)