|Blueberry/ Raspberry Muffins|
Suddenly, Yummy Blueberry Muffins came to mind! Well, there were no bags of tasty frozen blueberries to be found in our large freezer. However, 3 combo packages of Blueberries/ Red Raspberries were located. I remember purchasing a large bag at Costco's during the winter and dividing the contents into Ziploc Qt. sized Freezer Bags. My supply of our local frozen blueberries usually runs out before the next year's supply is cleaned/ packaged and placed in my freezer. It's now that time of year!
So, 1 package of the mixed berried was defrosted. Amazing to me how much fluid needs to be drained from the purchased bags of defrosted berries before using them. After locating my Yummy Blueberry Muffin recipe, 22 Blueberry/Raspberry Muffins were placed in my preheated oven.
The batter was swirls of pink containing berries, so I was unsure about the resulting muffins. The result? Oh, they definitely have a raspberry taste! I will be using the other 2 packages in my freezer to bake these muffins again. :) Yum!
Blueberry/ Raspberry Muffins
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 26 Minutes
Yield: 22 Muffins
1/2 Cup Butter/Margarine
1 and 1/4 Cups Sugar
1 Whole Egg + 2 Egg Whites
2 Cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional, but a wonderful addition)
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg (also optional)
1/2 Cup Milk (can be Soy Milk)
2 - 2 and 1/2 Cups Blueberries & Raspberries combined (fresh or frozen that have been defrosted)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place paper liners in muffin tins.
- In large bowl cream butter/margarine with Sugar and beat until light.
- Add Egg + 2 Egg Whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg and 1/2 of Flour. Beat.
- Add 1/2 of Milk, beat.
- Add remaining Flour, beat.
- Then, add remaining Milk, beat.
- Gently add in Blueberries & Raspberries. Stir in with Spatula or large Spoon.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake 26 Minutes or until muffins are lightly browned.
***Update: 7/12/13 After storing a few these muffins in an air tight container/ Ziploc bag, the flavors blend and they are oh so yummy! :)