|Small scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream will be added!|
Last weekend we ventured west on the MA Pike and then on to upstate NY to attend a beautiful wedding. Driving on the highways between gorgeous trees that were beginning to change colors was so sweet - shades of greens, yellows & reds.
On the return trip home we not only viewed the colorful foliage, but at a rest/food area there was a Farmers' Market. An abundance of the fresh local apples from the nearby orchards were available to purchase. Cortland Apples! Cortland will always be my fave eating & cooking apple. The contents of a fill your own bag of these juicy tasty pieces of red fruit is now in our fridge.
My plan? Bake Apple Crisp with Craisins/ Raisins! A crunchy oat topping covers slices of fresh peeled fruit in this yummy dessert. The apple slices are also surrounded by sprinkles of Craisins & Raisins. Add in Cinnamon & Nutmeg = Yum! It's extra easy, because no pie crust is required for this tasty dessert!
Apple Crisp with Craisins/ Raisins
Oven Temperature: 375°F
Time: 45 - 50 Minutes
6 - 7 peeled sliced large apples
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup + 1 Tablespoon softened Butter or Margarine
1/4 Cup Craisins
1/4 Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray PAM in 8" x 8" glass baking pan.
- Rinse apples under cold running water & dry.
- Peel & slice apples.
- Place peeled sliced apples in pan.
- Add Craisins & Raisins and mix in.
- Thoroughly mix remaining ingredients together in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 45- 50 Minutes or until apples are tender.
- Serve warm or chilled with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- When cool, cover & refrigerate any leftovers.