|Ready to be placed in the bowls!|
Friday at dinner time it was time to locate the soup bowls & the fat free sour cream. When the chicken was purchased earlier that day I knew that Chicken Chili would be bubbling in my slow cooker. We needed a green veggie. There were no peppers in my freezer nor in my fridge, so I added a package of defrosted Green Beans to my recipe. How yummy & spicy!
It took little time to place the ingredients in my Slow Cooker's pot. We do eat many dinners containing chicken and this chicken recipe is so tasty any time during the year!
Green Bean Chicken Chili
(1) 10 ounce package defrosted Green Beans
1- 1 and 1/2 lbs. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Tablespoon Dehydrated Onion
1 Tablespoon Dehydrated Parsley
(2) cans 14 oz. Red Kidney Beans, drained, rinsed & drained again
(1) can Plum Tomatoes - 15- 22 oz. - drained & cut into chunks
2- 3 teaspoons Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Cumin
1 teaspoon Oregano
(1) can 14.5 oz. Chicken Broth (Low Sodium, Low Fat)
3 Tablespoons Flour
Optional: (1) 8 oz. can Tomato Sauce is added.
- Spray PAM on bottom of Slow Cooker pot.
- Place defrosted Green Beans in Slow Cooker Pot.
- Add Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts on top.
- Sprinkle on Onion & Parsley.
- Add Red Kidney Beans.
- Top with Tomato Chunks.
- Sprinkle on Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Cumin & Oregano.
- In small bowl blend 3 Tablespoons Flour with about 1 Cup Chicken Broth until smooth.
- Add remaining Broth to bowl & blend together.
- Pour liquid over ingredients in Slow Cooker.
- Add Cover.
- Cook on High for 3 and 1/2 hours. Reduce to Medium for 1/2 hour.
- Before serving, stir Chili. The tender Chicken breaks into smaller pieces.
- Ladle into soup bowls.
- Enjoy with a dollop of low fat sour cream & rye bread.
The sun was shining & the weather was warm, so we had a very successful Long Meddowe Days! Woohoo!
***Note: When reheating, about 6 ounces of water may need to be added to the Chili.