Earlier this week as I was prepping dinner, there was "leftover" cooked white Rice in the fridge. I always prepare Rice that leaves me with about 1 cup left in the serving bowl after dinner. (My method to cook Rice.) That's never a problem- it's always saved to use again later in the week. This cooked Rice was the beginning of a new side dish. Suddenly it came to me- add sauteed Zucchini & heat.
2 of the small Zucchini were cut into strips & then sauteed. The white Rice had been cooked in chicken broth & seasoned with Basil. It was so good! Zucchinied Rice is a great side dish! Try it!
2 small Zucchini
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil for sauteing & baking
about 1 cup cooked white Rice
1 teaspoon cold Water
- Rinse 2 small Zucchini under cold running water, dry.
- Cut off both ends.
- Cut Zucchini into 1 and 1/2" chunks.
- Cut each chunk in half.
- Place long cut side down & carefully cut into 1/4"- 1/2" strips.
- Stack 3-4 larger strips & carefully cut to desired size. Repeat.
- Heat Olive Oil in saute/ large frying pan.
- Add Zucchini strips & cook until tender, stirring often.
- Place cooked Rice + 1 teaspoon water in microwave safe bowl.
- Add sauteed Zucchini, stir & cover.
- Heat in microwave.