|Pan Seared Scallops|
Pan Seared Scallops always taste so good! They are ready very quickly, too. So quick that the veggies need to be in works before starting the pan searing.
Pan Seared Scallops
2 Tablespoon Olive Oil (for sauteing & baking)
3/4 lb. Sea Scallops (can be about 10- 12 large ones) I request the larger Scallops.
3/4 Cup Flour
Sprinkle of Paprika (to taste)
- Combine Flour & Paprika in a Gallon sized Ziploc Bag or small bowl.
- Rinse Scallops in cold water by using another bowl & then drain.
- Place Scallops on plate lined with a paper towel.
- Then place Scallops in Flour mixture & coat.
- Add Olive Oil to a skillet or a saute pan. Turn heat to medium/high heat. (I use a non-stick pan.) Heat until hot but not quite smoking. Take pan off heat and add the Scallops to the pan. Place back on heat and cook Scallops for 3 minutes on the first side.
- Turn the Scallops over and continue to cook for 3 minutes on the second side, or until golden brown and just cooked through.
- Remove one Scallop from pan, cut with a knife and see if done. If not, then saute all for another 30 seconds.