|Slow Cooker will be cooking away!|
Hey, it's fine to get the dishes & utensils, but just not the day to cook. But you gotta' eat! The choice is not ordering salty "take out" foods, either. Super Bowl Chili is a great choice! In the early afternoon brown the Ground Beef & place it along with the other ingredients in the slow cooker/ crock pot. That small appliance will take care of the cooking detail. When it's ready, remove the lid, stir the cooked ingredients & take out the serving ladle! The great aroma will invite everyone to take a bowl & fill it.
If, there are any remaining portions later, cool & pack in freezer containers. Super Bowl Chili freezes very well, too!
Super Bowl Chili
1- 1¼ lbs. Ground Beef
1 small Green Pepper, cut into small chunks
(1) 14.5 oz. can Diced Tomatoes, drained
(2) cans Red Kidney Beans (about 19 oz. each)
Chopped Onions (I use 1 Tablespoon dehydrated Onions.)
Chopped Parsley (I use 1 Tablespoon dehydrated Parsley.)
2- 3 teaspoons Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
(2) cans Tomato Sauce (15 oz. each)
***and do not forget the:
Fat Free Sour Cream - Add a dollop on top of Chili in bowl before eating!
Rye Bread - for dunking
- Spray nonstick cooking pot of Slow Cooker with PAM.
- Brown Ground Beef in a frying pan.
- Place Green Pepper chunks in cooking pot.
- Add browned Ground Beef.
- Add drained Diced Tomatoes.
- Drain Kidney Beans. Rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- Place on top of Tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on desired amount of chopped Onions & chopped Parsley.
- Then, sprinkle Chili Powder, Garlic Powder & Oregano on top.
- Pour Tomato Sauce over top & spread.
- Place lid on top.
- Set temperature to High for 2 and 1/2 hours. Then, reduce to Medium for 1/2 hour.
- Stir before serving into bowls.
**The Green Pepper cut into chunks is added on the bottom of the pot first to prevent any too crispy Ground Beef.
This Chili is incredible! It's so good & it's so easy! A great family style dinner that only needs to be ladled from the cooking pot.