Thursday, April 6, 2017

~Flatbread Pizza~

BBQ Pork Tenderloin Flatbreads
with Roasted Asparagus
Spring!  Asparagus! Flatbread Pizza!  Oh yes!  What a great combination!

A couple of months ago my DH & I were looking at the menu in a New Jersey hotel dining room- famished.  I wanted to order something I'd never tasted.  That's something I always enjoy doing.  When I return home I like to prepare a new dish that's so tasty.  There on the menu was "Flatbread Pizza".  The description of the ingredients sounded so appetizing & I was so hungry!  Oh, it was so good!     

Three weeks ago, a grocery store in my area started carrying packaged flatbread for pizza.  O.K., that got my attention!  Now, I've prepared Flatbread Pizza twice in the past 3 weeks.  Forget Friday night pizza!

These are great!  They are so easy to prepare!  The Directions are on the package.  With the Flatbreads I use, they are placed on a baking sheet & baked for 2 minutes in a 375°F oven.  Add toppings & then return to the oven & bake again for 5 Minutes in a 375°F oven

It's Asparagus time, so roasting Asparagus that's coated with Olive Oil for baking & sauteing & also Parmesan cheese is a great veggie when making these.  We like White Pizza, so a coating of Ricotta Cheese is a great base.    

With the first Flatbreads, BBQed Pork Tenderloin chunks, Roasted Asparagus & fresh Spinach were placed on a coating of Ricotta Cheese.  Top with shredded Mozzarella/ Cheddar! 

We enjoyed the taste of  Veggie Dream Flatbreads the second time.  Roasted Asparagus & Roasted Summer Squash along with fresh Spinach were placed on the Ricotta.

Veggie Dream Flatbread

Useful Hints
:

  • Before adding toppings, I spread a little Olive Oil for baking & sauteing on each baked Flatbread.  Then, add & spread Ricotta Cheese on top. 
  • For both varieties make a drizzle of 1 teaspoon Water with 4 teaspoons of BBQ SauceCombine & then drizzle over the top of each Flatbread just before sprinkling on the shredded Cheddar/ Mozzarella Cheese.  Bake.  This gives it a great tang!
Does your family enjoy these, too?

Enjoy!
Yummy!

2 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We make a lot of homemade pizzas but this would be different. I want to try it soon! I'll have to look for the flatbread! Sounds delicious! Hugs, Diane

JG said...

Lavender Dreamer- It's much lighter than pizza- much less dough. You'll like these! :)
~Judy