|Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins|
**There was no need to make a "crumb topping" here, so I did not. However, I did sprinkle a small amount of granulated Sugar on top of each muffin before baking.
The batter for the muffins was prepared with the addition of 2 Tablespoons of Cinnamon Chips. I did not want to overwhelm my recipe, so I used this small amount. When putting the batter in the muffin liners, there were plenty of chips for each muffin.
While these muffins were baking, my entire home smelled Cinnamon! Yum! These muffins are so good! I did learn that they do not freeze well. That's no problem, because 12 muffins do not last long.
Banana Cinnamon Chip Muffins
Oven Temperature: 375°F Baking Time: 18- 20 Minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
1 and 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon Chips
2 large overripe Bananas
2 Egg Whites- slightly beaten
1/3 Cup Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
- Combine Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add 2 Tablespoons Cinnamon Chips.
- In another bowl mash the 2 Bananas.
- Add 2 Egg Whites and beat mixture with a whisk.
- Add Olive Oil to Banana/ Egg Whites mixture and whisk together.
- Stir Banana mixture into Flour mixture until combined.
- Spoon batter into the 12 muffin liners.
- **Optional: Sprinkle a small amount of sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 18- 20 Minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Remove from pan & cool on wire rack.