|Stack of 2 Oatmeal Pancakes|
The combination of Strawberries and Oats tastes so good! So, the night before, a Ziploc bag of frozen sliced (slightly sweetened) strawberries were taken out of our freezer to defrost in the fridge for the next morning. The Oats and Buttermilk are also combined the night before. Then, the next morning finish preparing the batter and get your skillet hot! It was time to combine the Buttermilk and Oats in a bowl and let the process begin!
This recipe makes a large batch, so I freeze the extra pancakes. Each is placed in an individual sandwich bag. The pancakes are stacked and then placed into a Ziploc freezer Bag and popped into the freezer. They are ready to enjoy at other breakfasts. Defrosting/ reheating the Oatmeal Pancakes in the microwave works great.
2 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
2 Cups Fat Free Buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
* * * * * * * *
1 Cup Fat Free Buttermilk- use the next morning
1/2 Cup Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Egg + 2 Egg Whites, beaten
4 Tablespoons Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
- Combine Oats, Buttermilk, Cinnamon and Nutmeg in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Next morning add 1 Cup additional Buttermilk. Stir.
- Stir together Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder & Baking Soda in a small bowl.
- Add to Oats/ Buttermilk mixture.
- Add beaten Egg + Egg Whites and Olive Oil.
- Stir all together, adding small amount of Buttermilk if needed.
- Pour 1/4 Cup batter on hot griddle for each pancake.
- When brown, flip over and cook other side.