|Turkey a la King|
Now you know why this is my go to dinner 2 days after Thanksgiving! It's quick and easy! Are you ready to prepare this too?
Turkey a la King
serves 2- 3 people
1/4 Cup Margarine/ Butter (I use unsalted.)
1/3 Cup Flour
1 Cup Chicken or Turkey Broth
(I use College Inn Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth.)
1 Cup Milk
1 teaspoon dried Parsley
1/4 teaspoon dried Basil
1 Cup Turkey chunks (cooked), cut up, more if desired
2 Cups cooked Carrots & Peas (or Mixed Vegetables)
Sliced Bread, Toasted, 1- 2 slices/ person
- Melt Margarine/ Butter in large skillet/ large pot.
- Remove skillet from Medium heat and slowly stir in Flour.
- Return to heat and slowly add in Chicken Broth & Milk while slowly stirring constantly.
- Continue stirring over heat until sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Add dried Parsley and dried Basil.
- Add cooked Turkey chunks.
- Add in cooked vegetables.
- Stir and heat mixture for 1 - 2 Minutes.
- Serve over toasted Bread.
For another dinner, another night- after defrosting, if frozen- I add a little more Milk to the reheating pot. Stir as it reheats.
Whenever I prepare this for dinner, we always have cranberry sauce, too! Sometimes, there may be a little leftover stuffing from Thanksgiving Dinner. It's almost time for me to start dinner, so I need to take out my large pot.