|~Baked Taco Pie~|
cut into slices
One afternoon last week I was deciding what to prepare for dinner. "What am I going to make?" is a question that seems to be on my mind a lot. We had tortillas and ground beef in the fridge, so that was a start. Then, I remembered a dinner that I had not prepared in quite some time. It was Baked Taco Pie! Some of the ingredients are browned ground beef, corn, tomato sauce and tortillas. Suddenly, I knew it would be served at dinner.
The recipe is so easy to prepare and then it is baked. I've changed it up a bit from the original recipe and I like it even better. Add a little Sour Cream on top when serving!
***I use a baking dish that the Tortillas will fit in easily. We do not always purchase the same size Tortillas, so I use whatever size in in our fridge.
This is a very tasty dinner!!
Baked Taco Pie
Oven Temperature: 375° Time: 30- 35 Minutes
1 lb. Ground Beef
2 teaspoons Chopped Onion (dehydrated)
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
Sprinkle of Dried Basil
Sprinkle of Dried Oregano
1 can (14.5 ounces) Diced Tomatoes (drained)
1 pkg. Frozen Corn (10 ounces) thawed/ defrosted
(6) 7" or 8" or 9" ***Tortillas
1 Cup shredded Cheese- can be low fat
1 can (15 ounce) Tomato Sauce
- Preheat Oven to 375° F.
- Brown Ground Beef in skillet, drain any fat.
- Add Chopped Onions, Chili Powder, Basil & Oregano. Stir.
- Add drained Diced Tomatoes & Corn.
- Stir in 1 Cup Tomato Sauce.
- Cook for 5 Minutes in skillet.
- Spray casserole baking dish with PAM.
- Place 1/4 Cup Tomato Sauce on bottom of baking dish, spread.
- Place 2 Tortillas on Sauce.
- Add 1/3 filling mixture on top. Spread evenly.
- Place 2 Tortillas on filling.
- Add 1/3 filling on Tortillas. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle on 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese.
- Then, add 2 Tortillas on Filling mixture.
- Add remaining filling mixture on top, spreading evenly.
- Pour remaining Tomato Sauce on top, spread evenly.
- Then, sprinkle on remaining Shredded Cheese.
- Bake 30- 35 Minutes in 375° Oven.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- Top with sour cream.
This is a very easy dish to prepare! Before you know it, the oven timer will buzz it's done. It is a hearty dish for this time of year. If you have any slices left after dinner, they may be frozen to enjoy for another dinner.