Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Oodles of Oats

As fall approaches and the mornings become a little chillier my round container of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats is opened and the contents are used often. Creamy Cranberry Oatmeal is a hearty, nutritious, delicious breakfast. Some mornings I prepare it with Raisins rather than with Craisins. The container empties quickly.

One day as I was walking down the cereal aisle at our local Costco I discovered a very large box of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats. You might ask - would I ever use that many oats? The box just looks so large. Well, that hefty wonderful box contains two individual plastic bags holding a staple of my kitchen. I have learned that purchasing the large box works so well. After I open one of the generous bags, I pour the oats into three smaller containers and place the lid on the top for storing. No longer do I wait for oats to go on sale at our local grocery store and purchase a few containers.

Recently while visiting a family member in NYC we stopped at a Costco in Brooklyn. The two level Costco was fascinating. I never realized that some of the stores were that large!

After peering into other shoppers’ carts a smile appeared on my face. Many consumers had that large box of Quaker Old Fashioned Oats in their carts. Some scrumptious cookies, pancakes (click on links) and muffins require oats. That large box is used quicker than you might believe.


Enjoy!

No comments: