After turning on our t.v. and looking at the screen to watch the Pats game, we could see white particles falling from the sky! Snow? Yes! Snow in mid October is just too early. Exciting, but too early!
It was around then that I realized I needed to forget the snow falling in the eastern part of our state and give some thought to our dinner. Sometimes, opening the freezer door answers a quick question regarding what is for dinner! Now, sitting in our freezer was a Ziploc Container packed with “leftover” Chicken Florentine a la Slow Cooker. Earlier in the week this meal was prepared in my Slow Cooker (like a Crock Pot). It made for a scrumptious, colorful, nutritious dinner on Tuesday. The “leftovers” were placed in a Ziploc Container along with some cooked broccoli (from another meal).
Locating this labeled and dated container in my freezer was like hitting the dinner jackpot! It did not take long to defrost and heat this yummy dinner in the microwave in a covered piece of CorningWare. This appetizing find was placed over No Yolks Noodles. While the pasta was cooking, the microwave helped to prepare our dinner. Dinner was a snap. And … it was so good!
Chicken Florentine a la Slow Cooker
(1) 1 lb. bag Baby Carrots
1 & ½ lbs. Chicken Tenders
(1) 10 oz. pkg. frozen Spinach - defrosted
(1) Can Cream of Mushroom (Healthy Request) Soup
Oregano, Basil, Garlic Powder, Parsley, Chopped Onion & Bay Leaves
- Place Baby Carrots in a large bowl and rinse with cold water.
- Then place Carrots into Slow Cooker’s cooking pot that has been lightly sprayed with PAM.
- Rinse about 1 & ½ lbs. Chicken Tenders in cold water and place on Carrots.
- Sprinkle about 1 Tbs. Parsley and 1 Tbs. Chopped Onion on top.
- Defrost (1) 10 oz. pkg. frozen Spinach and spread on top of Chicken.
- Then, sprinkle about ¼ tsp. Oregano, ¼ tsp. Basil, and ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder on top.
- Add (2) Bay Leaves.
- Mix 1/3 Cup Water with (1) Can Cream of Mushroom (Healthy Request) Soup in a small bowl. Spread mixture evenly over top.
- Place the lid on top of the cooking pot and set the temperature.
- Cook on #5 (High) – 1 Hour. Then reduce to #3 for 2 Hours.
Sometimes I use Potatoes and at other times I use Baby Carrots when making Chicken Florentine a la Slow Cooker. Any leftovers that have been placed in the freezer, reheated and served over No Yolks Noodles make for a quick, easy, tasty dinner. I was so happy to find this meal in my freezer on Sunday!
Do you use your Slow Cooker or Crock Pot? What do you prepare?
A meal made in a Slow Cooker or a Crock Pot just hits the spot! Easy and delicious!