Cole Slaw! The Cole Slaw with the Raisins, please! Ah, Raisins give Cole Slaw that extra bit of sweetness to a tangy dressing.
Earlier this week I pulled out a recipe that my mother-in-law gave me three decades ago. How time does fly by! And I thought this week zipped by quickly. My Hubby ate this salad often while growing up.
After locating and purchasing a 1 lb. bag of Cole Slaw at my local grocery store produce department, I was ready. The Cabbage, Carrots and Red Cabbage were pre-cut and ready to use. Raisins, Mayonnaise, Sugar, Milk and Vinegar are staples in my kitchen, so it was a matter of mixing the Dressing Ingredients and pouring them over the Veggies and Raisins. It’s easy. It’s quick. The result is just outstanding! Yummy!
(1) 16 oz. bag of Cole Slaw (in Produce Dept.)
½ Cup Raisins
6 TBS. Mayonnaise
2 TBS. Sugar
½ Cup Milk
½ Cup Vinegar (I use Cider Vinegar.)
1. In a large bowl combine Cole Slaw Veggies and Raisins.
2. In a small bowl combine Dressing Ingredients.
3. Pour Dressing over Veggies/Raisin Combo.
4. Stir well, cover and refrigerate.
5. After 2 - 3 hours stir again, then refrigerate.
6. Repeat #5.
7. Before serving, stir once again.
Sometimes, I prepare it one day before we enjoy this tangy, colorful, flavorful salad. It’s a great side dish for any gathering!
Does your family enjoy Cole Slaw? I’ll be making more this weekend!