This past week just zipped by. Each day was full of activities, so every evening before dinnertime I would open my freezer door to locate a previously prepared dinner. It was great finding labeled and dated Ziploc containers of previously prepared food that could be defrosted/reheated in my microwave. But that can only happen for so long. This morning’s breakfast needed some attention, because a visit to the grocery store was really necessary.
Well, two overripe Bananas were sitting in the fruit bowl, but you know my thoughts about eating Bananas first thing in the morn. That is, unless the Bananas are totally combined with other ingredients like in hot cereal. Today is Sunday – so no hot cereal today.
Looking on my counter and in the fridge, a partial loaf of Soft Oatmeal Bread, Soy Milk and Eggs were available. That could only mean one thing – soft tasty French Toast. By adding a little Cinnamon and a little Nutmeg to the Egg and Milk mixture Breakfast tasted yummy!
I was quickly able to take a photo – before my hubby devoured his. Almost missed that opportunity! :)
A trip to the grocery store came later in the day! Soy Milk, Eggs and Bread were on the list, too!
Now, the Bananas … I did use them while baking today. That is the next post. Stay tuned…
2 Whole Eggs
3 Egg Whites
1 Cup Milk (Soy or 1% Milk)
¼ tsp. Cinnamon + ¼ tsp. Nutmeg – as desired
Sliced Bread – whatever is available :)
1. Place Whole Eggs and Egg Whites in a rectangular container and beat with a fork. (I use a 1 & ½ Qt. CorningWare container.)
2. While beating mixture add in Milk and continue beating to combine.
3. Add Cinnamon + Nutmeg and beat with fork.
4. Heat non-stick griddle or skillet on medium heat.
5. Dunk each bread slice in mixture coating both sides and then place on the griddle/skillet. (Two or three browning at once.)
6. The underside will be golden brown when it is time to turn the bread slice over with a spatula.
7. Turn over and brown other side.
8. Enjoy with Maple Syrup!