Speaking of the flavor vanilla, vanilla Creamy Cheesy Pie is not baked in a hot oven! I was introduced to this delicious, no fuss recipe many years ago by my mother-in-law. Before tasting her quick make pie, I always baked a cheesecake using a couple of packages of cream cheese, a spring-form pan and directions that needed to be followed.
While we were down visiting quite a few years ago she opened her fridge after dinner and out came a cheesecake. It was vanilla flavored and had a graham cracker crust that was purchased. She served it with fresh berries and whipped cream. It was mighty fine! So, I did what one does when something looks and tastes really good...I requested the recipe - much to her great joy! It was already a fact to her and to my father-in-law that I cooked. They had never met anyone (before me) who prepared fresh corn and stored the kernels in freezer bags for meals in the winter. They had lived in NYC in an apartment before relocating to FL. I grew up in Western MA and my family had two large gardens. :)
This "easy does it" delicious cheesecake requires 4 ingredients: (1) package of Cook & Serve Pudding Mix, Milk, 8 oz. Cream Cheese and a Graham Cracker Pie Shell.
Creamy Cheesy Pie
(1) pkg. Cook & Serve Vanilla Pudding Mix
(1) pkg. 8 oz. Cream Cheese
(2) Cups Milk
(1) Pre-made Graham Cracker Pie Shell
- Prepare Pudding according to package directions.
- Place Cream Cheese in a medium bowl.
- Pour hot Pudding over Cream Cheese and whisk until smooth.
- Pour mixture into Graham Cracker crust. Smooth mixture to crust edges.
- Cool - maybe 30 minutes and cover with plastic wrap. I leave small amount unwrapped on edge.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut into slices. Add whipped cream on top.
- Place berries on the side.
- Refrigerate remaining pie to enjoy again. Yum!
**I use Jello brand pudding mix, because when using the Jello brand I do not burn the pot. :)
Yesterday afternoon Vanilla Creamy Cheesy Pie was prepared and tonight we will enjoy it after dinner. :)
My son has prepared this yummy dessert using Jello chocolate pudding and the word is, "It tastes great!!!"
Do you make easy, no fuss, delicious desserts during the summer?