For me it also marks baking the first Apple Crisp of the season with the local crisp Cortland apples. A slice of homemade Apple Pie always tastes great, but if there is no time to roll out the pie crust, Apple Crisp it is!!! Raisins & Craisins (dried cranberries) mixed in with the apple slices before the baking dish is placed into the oven. :) The aromas of Cinnamon & Nutmeg coming from my oven always linger on... The rose colored Pyrex baking dish is used so often filled with seasonal goodies. Yummy!
The servings of Apple Crisp above only need the large scoop of vanilla ice cream. Mmmm!
Oven Temperature: 375°
Time: About 45 Minutes
6-7 peeled sliced Apples (I use Cortland or Empire & sometimes 8 Apples.)
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (I use a little less.)
1/2 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
3/4 tsp. Nutmeg
1/3 Cup + 1 TBS. softened Butter or Margarine
* * *
1/4 Cup Raisins + Craisins (total amount)
- Preheat oven.
- Spray 8"x8" glass pan with PAM.
- Combine dry Topping Ingredients in small bowl.
- Measure Butter/Margarine and place on top of dry ingredients to soften.
- Peel + slice Apples. Place in glass pan.
- Add Raisins & Craisins. Mix with Apple slices.
- Mix softened Butter/Margarine with dry ingredients.
- Sprinkle mixture over Apple slices.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 Minutes or until apples are tender.
- After baking, pierce center with a fork to test for "doneness". Bake additional 5 minutes, if needed, test again.
- Serve warm or chilled with a scoop of Vanilla ice cream.
- Cover & refrigerate any leftovers.
We did enjoy it!