Two nights ago I baked a batch of this meatless family favorite (made with Lasagna noodles that have been cut in half). After dinner the remaining portions were placed in single serving Ziploc containers and into my freezer they went. Individual portions will be reheated in my microwave for a quick dinner on busy nights. If reheating, I add a little more tomato sauce. Served with a veggie salad and Garlic Parmesan Toast. Yum!
Time: About 35 Minutes
9-10 Lasagna Noodles (I use Ronzoni.)
(2) 1 lb. containers of Ricotta Cheese - I use Fat Free + Part Skim.
8 oz. Shredded Mozzarella Cheese - I use Part Skim.
1/2 Cup Flavored Bread Crumbs
(2) Egg Whites slightly beaten or 1 Whole Egg
1 jar Spaghetti Sauce - about 24 oz.
Parmesan Cheese - to sprinkle on top before baking
- Boil Lasagna Noodles according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spray a Glass Baking Dish (about 8"x11") with PAM.
- Spread about 1 Cup Sauce in baking dish.
- In large bowl mix Ricotta, Mozzarella, Bread Crumbs and Egg Whites.
- Place 2 Lasagna Noodles on a large dish and cut each in half.
- Spread 2-3 Tablespoons Cheese mixture on 2/3 of each noodle.
- Roll Noodle from filled side to end.
- Place in baking dish seam side down.
- Continue filling noodles. Two rows of Rollups in dish.
- I also place 4 Rollups in middle of baking dish, if extra.
- Pour sauce over top and on edges of filled Rollups, spread sauce evenly.
- Sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top.
- Bake in oven for about 35 Minutes.
Does your family enjoy dinners with pasta and tomato sauce?