Last week we had purchased two cucumbers at a local roadside stand and they had found a home in the veggie bin in our fridge. Now in this cookbook is a recipe for Cucumber Salad. My sons were not fond of this type of salad, so I haven't prepared it in a number of years. Time marches on... Guess what delicious salad was prepared one night this past week? My DH & I enjoyed it! Thinly sliced fresh cucumber pieces were covered with sour cream (fat free) that contained bits of fresh chives, a little salt and a bit of sugar. I used less salt & sugar. Yes, there are specific directions, but it is a tasty crunchy salad!
Cucumber Salad adapted from Treasured Polish Recipes For Americans
1/2 Cup Sour Cream (Fat Free)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Sugar
Ground Black Pepper (a sprinkle)
1 Tablespoon Chives, chopped
- Wash & dry cucumbers.
- Peel cucumbers.
- Cut into very thin slices.
- Place very thin cucumber slices in a bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Plunge cucumber slices into cold water and drain.
- Place drained cucumbers in fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine Sour Cream, Salt, Sugar, Ground Pepper & chopped Chives.
- Before serving combine dressing with cucumber slices.