One hot afternoon this week we had a craving for Grilled Sockeye Salmon. Well, a reasonably priced nice piece of "wild caught" Sockeye Salmon was not in the cards. Breaded Sauteed Chicken Tenderloins quickly found their place on our dinner table that evening. Now, there were quite a few extra pieces of tenderloins after dinner. Needless to say, into the fridge they went. At this time of year there usually is a large green Pepper visible every time I open our fridge's door. The ingredients for another quick & easy colorful delicious dinner were at hand! WooHoo!
About 1 Cup cut up cooked Chicken Tenderloins/Chicken
1 large Green Pepper cut into strips
2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
(1) can Plum Tomatoes (1 lb., 12 oz. can)
1/8 teaspoon each dried Oregano, Sweet Basil & Garlic Powder
- Wash Green Pepper. Cut into strips.
- Saute in Olive Oil in skillet about 4-5 Minutes.
- Add drained Plum Tomatoes that have been cut in half.
- Cut cooked Chicken Tenderloins into pieces and add to skillet.
- Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon Oregano, Sweet Basil & Garlic Powder over ingredients in skillet.
- Heat about 6-8 Minutes, until hot. Stir occasionally.
The Chicken Tenderloins I used had been coated with Bread Crumbs and sauteed. As the juicy Plum Tomatoes heated, the Bread Crumbs on the Chicken pieces absorbed the juice. Dinner was so yummy!
Today we purchased the Sockeye Salmon. I noticed the "special" in our Big Y's store flyer on Thursday. :)