Monday, December 19, 2011

~White Chocolate Craisin Oaties~

Waiting for the White Chocolate Morsels...
It was deja vu!  Our home felt a tad chilly when we awoke this AM and my first thought was recalling where I'd stored the remaining packets of Taster's Choice instant coffee.  After our electricity was restored following the Halloween Nor'easter just weeks ago, there were 5 packets left.  Now, I need my hot coffee in the AM.  Our gas stove allowed me that necessity then and I definitely wanted it again - our indoors thermometer read 55°F.

A few hours later, the electricity was once again restored and I'm now back to preparing for the fun weekend ahead.  That includes baking a batch of White Chocolate Craisin Oaties!  I'll use my recipe for Craisin Raisin Oaties (printable recipe) with a couple changes.  The added Nutmeg - oh yes, yummy!

Changes: 
  1. Add 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg.
  2. Omit Raisins.
  3. Use 3/4 Cup Craisins (dried cranberries).
  4. Add in 6 ounces of White Chocolate Morsels (Nestle's)
  5. Baking Time was 13 minutes.
White Chocolate Craisin Oaties are so good!  This weekend I baked a batch to bring to our neighbors' gathering.  During the baking process, there was definite "quality control" testing going on.  After all, one cannot offer a dessert that does not meet the "absolutely yummy I want another" standard.  :)  It was sure difficult to eat only two while baking! 

Now, another batch will be baked for my family to...

Enjoy!
Yummy!
        

4 comments:

Rita said...

Happy your heat is back. Really love these cookies; all the ingredients are right up my alley.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.
Rita

Carol @ There's Always Thyme to Cook said...

Glad you got your heat back in time to make those delicious cookies!
Merry Christmas, Judy, and a very happy New Year!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those cookies sound so good and I'm like you...gotta have my coffee first thing! Happy holidays my friend! I hope you have a pretty mug to drink your coffee in now! ♥♥♥

JG said...

Rita- Oatmeal Cookies with raisins + craisins are great. White Chocolate + craisins are just wonderfully special! :)

Carol- Little iffy AM, but the transformer was replaced. Not a pioneer, here. :)

Diane- I have my Plan B now - packets of Taster's Choice instant coffee. :) You just never know...

~Judy