|Baked Mac & Cheese with Salad|
Today my knitting needles will be clicking and my Janome will be humming. Dinner will be a potpourri of entrees enjoyed earlier this week. One is Baked Mac & Cheese! Once or twice during the winter season I bake this "comfort food". My ideal method when baking this family fave is to bake it in two 8"x 8" GLAD OVENWARE baking pans. By doing this, 1 black container can be placed in the freezer... for dinner again on a busy evening or it may travel down the Mass Pike! :)
These baking containers are great! *Follow the usage instructions on the package!*
|Two 8"x 8" Pans... Out of the Oven!|
Baked Mac & Cheese click for printable recipe card
Oven: 350°F Bake: 35 Minutes
1 (16 oz.) Pkg. Elbow Noodles
1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Butter or Margarine
6 Tablespoons Flour
4 Cups Milk
8-10 oz. Monterey Jack or Cheddar Cheese, cut in cubes
2 Tablespoons Dry Bread Crumbs
2-3 Tablespoons Butter/ Margarine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray PAM into Glass Baking Dish ( about 9” x 13”)
- Prepare pasta, cooking 7-8 Minutes.
- After draining return pasta to large cooking pot.
- While preparing pasta, make sauce.
- Melt Butter/Margarine in a 3 qt. pot.
- Add & stir in Flour 1 Tablespoon at a time.
- Slowly add 1 Cup Milk, stir well.
- Then, slowly add remaining milk.
- Stir & cook until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Add in cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Add this mixture to noodles in pot & stir.
- Pour mixture into Baking Pan.
- Sprinkle with dry Bread Crumbs, dot top with small slices of Butter/Margarine.
- Bake for 35 Minutes.
Do you use Glad OVENWARE? What is your "comfort food"?