|Craisin Raisin Oaties|
Cheese ravioli tastes great with any flavor of tomato based sauce. However, the crab flavored ravioli needed a different flavor. Suddenly an image of these ravioli covered with a cheese sauce was mouthwatering. My small nonstick saute skillet was located. Flour, 1% Milk & shredded cheese found their way to my counter. The cheese sauce was quick & easy to prepare while the ravioli was cooking.
Easy Cheesy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Butter/ Margarine
3 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Milk (1% works well)
1/4 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Melt Butter/ Margarine over Medium heat in a nonstick skillet.
- Remove from heat & add in 3 Tablespoons Flour & blend together.
- Slowly, add in 1/4 Cup of the Milk.
- Stir together until smooth.
- While stirring slowly add remaining 3/4 Cup Milk.
- Stir over Medium heat.
- Constantly stir until bubbly & thickens.
- Stir for 1 additional minute.
- Add in Shredded Cheese.
- Stir until Cheese melts.
- If too thick, add 1- 2 Tablespoons additional Milk, as needed.
- Serve over Crab Ravioli.
Today much needed errands were done! Our daytime temperature was in the 30's. It was time to venture outside for a longer period of time other than a quick trip to the grocery store. The single digit thermometer readings + wind chills are gone. Woohoo!