|Cole Slaw with Raisins|
Many years ago, my mother-in-law gave me her delicious, tangy Cole Slaw dressing recipe. In the past I've purchased the cabbage & the carrots to peel/ shred, but these days a bag of these ready shredded veggies makes this side dish very easy to prep.
If you're waiting for the warmer days when the local salad ingredients will be available at roadside stands to be purchased, but still enjoy fresh salads, make this Cole Slaw. It's great! Add the raisins for that extra sweetness.
This dressing also tastes great in Carrot Salad.
Cole Slaw with Raisins
1 bag shredded Cabbage & Carrots (16 ounce)
1/2 Cup Raisins
* * * *
6 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1/2 Cup Milk (I use Soy Milk.)
1/2 Cup Vinegar (I use Cider Vinegar.)
- In a large bowl combine Mayonnaise and Sugar.
- Add Milk & Vinegar and stir well.
- Add shredded Cabbage & Carrots to mixture, stir.
- Add Raisins.
- Stir well, cover & refrigerate.
- After 2- 3 hours, stir again & refrigerate.
- Repeat again in 2- 3 hours.
- Before serving, stir again.
Spring is here!!! Woohoo!!!