There were changes going on when I prepared this yummy entree:
- I really don't like instant rice, unless I'm using my MIL's Rice Pudding recipe, that uses instant rice. For that reason, I did not follow the McCormick recipe exactly.
- My Slow Cooker has a teflon coating, so I usually place washed baby carrots in the bottom of the pot in many slow Cooker recipes. The carrots prevent the meat (chicken here) from drying out on the bottom. Can you tell that I once had a bad experience? An added plus: Those nutritious very tender carrots tasted so good here.
|Extra portions to be placed in my fridge|
The Raisins & the unpeeled Apple cut into chunks added with the Curry Powder taste so good! The carrots pick up a little sweetness, too.
Chicken Curry with Rice
inspired by McCormick
1 (16 ounce) pkg. rinsed Baby Carrots
2 lbs. boneless skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Bay Leaves
1 large Apple cored & cut into chunks - Cortland or Empire
1/4 Cup Raisins
1 Tablespoon Curry Powder
1 teaspoon Paprika
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon dehydrated Onions
* * *
2 ounces Water
3 Tablespoons Flour
1 can (14.5 ounces) Chicken Broth
(I use Fat Free/Lower Sodium Broth.)
- Spray Slow Cooker pot with PAM.
- Wash Baby Carrots & place on bottom of Slow Cooker pot.
- Rinse Chicken Breasts under cool running water & place on Carrots.
- Add 2 Bay leaves.
- Wash Apple. Core & cut into chunks. Add on top of Chicken.
- Sprinkle on Raisins.
- Add Curry Powder, Paprika & Garlic Powder.
- Sprinkle on Dehydrated Onions.
- In a bowl, combine Water, Flour & 1/4 Cup Chicken Broth. Stir until smooth.
- Add remaining Broth to bowl, stir.
- Add Water, Flour, Broth combo to Slow Cooker pot.
- Place lid on top.
- Set temperature to High. Cook for 4 hours.
- Start preparing the Rice about 40 Minutes before turning off the Slow Cooker. Click for Recipe.