|Banana Apricot Bread - Yum!|
Time does move on! My younger son enjoys spinach! Bananas are once again part of my daily diet. Gotta' love that potassium! As time has moved on I now bake with Olive Oil, Egg Whites & Soy Milk. They are great substitutions for butter/ margarine/ vegetable oil, whole eggs & whole/ low fat milk. I also add Cinnamon & Nutmeg into the batter so often when baking!
My old fave recipe was included in the 1978 printing of the Home-Baked Breads section of the McCall's COOKBOOK COLLECTION. The recipe was located and I used my substitutions. Also, 7 Apricots were cut into small pieces and added to the batter. While this quick bread was baking, my kitchen smelled so good! It was a hint that this would be a yummy Banana Apricot Bread! It is delicious! Whenever you have 3 yucky looking bananas, use this great recipe! Keep some apricots on hand, too! They contain potassium, also & they sure taste great here!
Banana Apricot Bread
Oven Temperature: 350°F Baking Time: 60 Minutes
2 and 1/2 cups Flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Sugar - I use slightly less.
1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/4 cup Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
2 Egg Whites
1/2 cup Milk
3 overripe Bananas, mashed
7- 8 dried Apricots
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray 9" bread pan with PAM.
- In large bowl mix together Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Sugar, Cinnamon & Nutmeg.
- In small bowl beat Egg Whites until frothy.
- Mash Bananas in another small bowl.
- Add Olive Oil, Egg Whites, Milk & mashed Bananas to dry ingredients.
- Stir together until combined.
- Cut Apricots into pieces. (Cut in half. Cut each half into 3 pieces.)
- Add Apricot pieces to batter & stir.
- Pour batter into bread pan.
- Bake at 350°F oven for 60 Minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Place on rack to cool for 10 Minutes.
- Remove from pan & cool on rack.