|~Slow Cooker Beef Stew~|
(reheating in a sauce pot)
My Slow Cooker's cooking pot has a nonstick coating, but I always spray the cooking pot with PAM. Then, Carrots are placed on the bottom with the cut up chunks of Beef placed on top.
This tasty easy dinner is always enjoyed the first evening & any extra portions can be placed in the freezer. After the stew has cooled, individual portions are packaged in Ziploc Freezer Containers, labelled & frozen for a "take out" meal after a busy day when there's no time to cook dinner! It can be defrosted/ reheated in a sauce pot along with about 4- 6 ounces of water. Defrosting overnight in the fridge works great, also!
~Slow Cooker Beef Stew~
1 lb. Baby Carrots
about 1 lb. Beef Stewing Meat
(1) 16 oz. pkg. defrosted Mixed Veggies
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
1/2 teaspoon Basil
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder (optional)
(1) 14 oz. can diced Tomatoes
28 oz. Tomato Sauce
- Spray Slow Cooker's pot with PAM.
- Rinse 1 lb. Baby Carrots in cold water. Place on bottom of pot.
- Rinse about 1 lb. Beef Stewing Meat under cold water. Cut in chunks and place on Carrots.
- Add (1) 16 oz. pkg. defrosted Mixed Veggies on top.
- Sprinkle on Oregano and Basil.
- Add Garlic Powder (optional).
- Add desired amount of chopped Onions and Parsley. (I use 1 teaspoon of each, dehydrated.)
- Wash (1) Potato and cut into small chunks. Add on top.
- Place (1) 14 oz. can diced Tomatoes on top.
- Top with 28 oz. Tomato Sauce.
- Set Temperature on High for 3 Hours. Reduce to Medium for 1 Hour. With my West Bend Slow Cooker I set to #5 and then reduce to #3 and 1/2.
The weekend is a great time to use your Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot to prepare Beef Stew! Have you tried it yet? Tastes so good on a chilly day. Perfect for tonight, it's snowing!