Friday, January 8, 2016

Butternut Squash Ravioli with Basil Craisin Topping

Butternut Squash Ravioli
with Basil Craisin Topping
It had been a while since I had enjoyed Butternut Squash Ravioli!  Too long!  Last month in my local grocery store there were packages of these yummy easy to prepare pastas.  Yes, the Butternut Squash Ravioli drought ended! 

Directions for preparing are on the package, but drizzling on Butter/ Margarine was not the option for me.  Suddenly, I remembered the Plumped Craisins in the fridge.  Butternut Squash & Plumped Craisins sounded like a great duo.  The dried Basil is always in my Spice Rack & Olive Oil for baking & sauteing is also ready to use.  Very quickly I learned that was a great combination for a topping!  Double yum!  So good!

Butternut Squash Ravioli 
     with Basil Craisin Topping

Ingredients:
(1) Bag fresh Butternut Squash Ravioli
Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
Dried Basil
Plumped Craisins

Method:
  1. Prepare Ravioli following directions on package.
  2. Add 1- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil for baking & sauteing in a 3 qt. pot.
  3. Add cooked Ravioli to pot. 
  4. Add about 1/8 teaspoon Basil.
  5. Carefully stir Ravioli with Olive Oil & Basil.
  6. Add about 1 Tablespoon Plumped Craisins.
  7. Heat over Low for about 1 minute.
  8. Serve.
After a busy day with no time to cook, what a tasty, easy dinner.  Add a fruit or veggie salad & your meal is quick!

Enjoy!
Yummy!

2 comments:

Pam said...

It sounds delicious, Judy and I have to look for that ravioli! I like your Craisin topping for it. Yum! It's all of 9 degrees here now, stay warm!

JG said...

Pam- Wish I could deliver this for your dinner tonight. :) It's freezing cold with the wind chill today.
~Judy