Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Plumped Craisins

Plumped Craisins
O.K., winter has arrived in Massachusetts!  We bundle up whenever heading outside wearing winter coats, gloves/ mittens & hats.  It's also the time of year when the fresh produce in our grocery stores does not always look that fresh.  For me it's always been a reminder to plump up some Craisins (dried cranberries) in either water or apple juice. 

A 1 cup container is filled 1/2 full with Craisins.  Then, add the liquid to cover the dried fruit.  Cover & place in the fridge overnight.  Store in fridge. 

These plumped little gems find their way into many foods for the next couple of weeks! 

Enjoy!
Yummy!
      

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I think I've told you before that I eat them almost every day. For some reason I listened to a talk show with a doctor from UT Southwestern hospital one day...her main focus is urinary tract health. (exciting) She said that all the talk about the goodness of cranberries is 100% true but they have to be cranberries grown in North America because the specific chemical comes from our species. Good to know. :)

JG said...

Stacey- Interesting, I've never read/ heard this about the species grown in North America. I've read that they grow in North America & also in Chile. We enjoy a few Craisins almost daily, too. :)
~Judy