The blueberries were defrosted & good to go! One stick of unsalted butter was on my counter along with my springform pan. A Blueberry Torte was on my mind. This yummy light dessert is filled with 2 cups of blueberries. Marian Burros' & Lois Levine's very popular Plum Torte is enjoyed by so many people, you've probably seen the basic recipe before. But, I don't use plums when baking this dessert. I use blueberries. Blueberries are just the best with my family, so we enjoy a Blueberry Torte! It's so delicious! I've changed the original recipe a bit, but always use a stick of unsalted butter. Margarine just doesn't make it, here.
- Use 2 Egg Whites + 1 Whole Egg.
- Add 1 teaspoon Cinnamon into batter.
- Add 1/4 Cup Milk (I use Soy Milk) into batter.
- Sprinkle less Cinnamon/ Sugar on top.
|Ready to be placed in the 350°F oven.|
adapted from Marian Burros'
& Lois Levine's Plum Torte recipe
Oven: 350°F Baking Time: 45- 50 Minutes
1/4 lb. unsalted Butter, softened
3/4 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Cinnamon- can use a little less.
pinch of salt
1 Whole Egg + 2 Egg Whites
1/4 Cup Milk- can be Soy, Whole or Low Fat
2 Cups Blueberries- defrosted, drained frozen or fresh washed
For Cinnamon/ Sugar Mixture, combine:
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
This comes in very handy!
- Using a mixer, combine Butter & 3/4 Cup Sugar, beat.
- To creamed Butter/ Sugar add Flour, Baking Powder, Cinnamon, Salt, Egg + Egg Whites.
- Beat with mixer. Batter will be stiff.
- Slowly add 1/4 Cup Milk & beat.
- Using a large spoon place batter in springform pan that has been sprayed with PAM. Spread evenly.
- Place Blueberries on top of batter & gently press in slightly.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon/ Sugar Mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 45- 50 Minutes.
- Use toothpick or cake tester to test for "doneness".
- Place on cooling rack for 10 Minutes.
- Remove sides from springform pan. Cool longer.
- When cooled, carefully use a knife to slide between torte & bottom of pan to separate torte easily.
- Place another cooling rack on top of torte, flip over. Remove bottom of pan.
- Then place plate on torte bottom & flip again.
- Serve slices with vanilla ice cream or dollop of whipped cream.