Friday, April 15, 2016

Bowties n Cheese

Bowties n Cheese
Someone just might think that I haven't been cooking/ baking lately!  Well, not so.  Lots of good stuff going on here!  Our temps are warmer, so a daily walk is on the agenda.  Daily walks also include chatting it up with neighbors that we haven't seen all winter.  That sounds like a long time. Maybe it's not that long, but extended conversations have not taken place, either.  Spring is here!

This past year I've been working on my family's Genealogy.  It's both fascinating & answering questions that I've always been curious about.  I've learned that it also comes in very handy to be able to read/ write cursive writing.  Some penmanship on records is very legible.  Other times- not so much.  You know how I like History, so I'm determined to learn more!  It's a good time to share one of my family's comfort foods from my childhood.  Now, when I prep it, I use Bowtie (Farfelle) Noodles.   

Any time of year Bowties n Cheese are always enjoyed at dinner.  If a starch such as potatoes or corn are not found in my kitchen/ freezer to prep as part of dinner, this is a very tasty side dish!  The Farfelle Noodles are cooked according to directions on the package.  After draining them, return to the pot.  Add 1 Tablespoon Butter/ Margarine & 8 oz. Cottage Cheese.  Stir.  Warm over a Low Heat for about 2 minutes.  The Cottage Cheese melts a bit & blends with the cooked noodles.    

Bowties n Cheese

Ingredients:
Farfelle (Bowtie) Noodles
1 Tablespoon Butter/ Margarine
8 oz. Cottage Cheese- I use Low Fat with Chives.
Dash of Pepper

Method:
  1. Cook desired amount of Farfelle Noodles according to package directions.
  2. Drain & return hot noodles to pot.
  3. Add 1 Tablespoon Butter/ Margarine & stir.
  4. Then, add 8 ounces of Cottage Cheese to pot, stirring.
  5. Sprinkle on a Dash of Pepper, stir.
  6. Cover.
  7. Before serving, heat over a Low Heat for about 1- 2 Minutes, stirring constantly.
  8. Stir, serve & enjoy!
This is such a tasty side dish!  Any extra portions can be covered & placed in the fridge.  Add a little more Cottage Cheese & reheat before serving again.

Enjoy!
Yummy!

2 comments:

Pam said...

You're right on spot with now walking and talking to all the neighbors now that it's warmer. Genealogy is so interesting. I've been investigating back on my mother's side, but my dad's side has books written about his family; his mom's side and his dad's side also, so that makes it easy for me. Hope you get it all figured out, esp. when dealing with the handwriting! I understand they do not teach cursive handwriting in the schools now. Take care

JG said...

Pam- It's a puzzle in progress for me. The ability to read/ write in cursive comes in very handy! Cannot imagine what it would be like not writing a signature- ever.
~Judy