|~Butternut Squash Raisin Muffins~|
Looking outside, the snow in our yard has certainly melted! Streets & sidewalks are clear. That makes taking the daily walk outdoors so easy! After returning from the walk, the Butternut Squash Raisin Muffins were soon baking in the oven! Yum!
Butternut Squash Raisin Muffins
Time: 20- 22 Minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
1 and 1/2 Cups Flour
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon Ground Cloves
2 Egg Whites (or 1 Whole Egg)
3/4 cup Soy Milk (can be 1%, 2% or Whole Milk)
1/4 Cup Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
1/2 cup Butternut Squash cooked & mashed
1/4 cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line muffin pan with liners.
- Combine the first 7 dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stir to mix.
- Separate Egg Whites & place in small bowl & beat with a fork.
- Add Soy Milk & Olive Oil to small bowl. Combine.
- Add mashed Butternut Squash to liquid mixture, combine.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Add Raisins.
- Mix all ingredients together until moistened. Batter may be lumpy.
- Fill muffin liners.
- Bake 20- 22 Minutes in 400°F oven until muffins are lightly browned on top.
- Remove muffins from pan immediately.
- Cool on racks.
Will you be baking a batch of these muffins?