|Slow Cooker Turkey Chili|
If there are any portions remaining, Chili freezes very well. Cool before placing in containers, label/ date & freeze.
This year there's a little change up in my recipe. Lean Ground Turkey replaces Ground Beef!
2 Helpful Hints:
- My Slow Cooker has a non-stick coating, so the Green Pepper chunks are added on the bottom of the pot first to prevent any too crispy Ground Turkey. (Yes, once I had crispy meat on the bottom & this is how I prevent it from occurring again.)
- I brown the Ground Turkey before placing in the Slow Cooker's pot to remove the fat.
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
1 lb. lean Ground Turkey
1 small Green Pepper, cut into small chunks
(1) 14.5 oz. can Diced Tomatoes, drained
(2) cans Red Kidney Beans (about 19 oz. each)
Chopped Onions (I use 1 Tablespoon dehydrated Onions.)
Chopped Parsley (I use 1 Tablespoon dehydrated Parsley.)
2- 3 teaspoons Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Oregano
(2) cans Tomato Sauce (15 oz. each)
- Spray nonstick cooking pot of Slow Cooker with PAM.
- Brown Ground Turkey in a frying pan.
- Cut Green Pepper into chunks & place in cooking pot.
- Add browned Ground Turkey.
- Add drained Diced Tomatoes.
- Drain Kidney Beans. Rinse in cold water. Drain again.
- Place on top of Diced Tomatoes.
- Sprinkle on desired amount of chopped Onions & chopped Parsley.
- Then, sprinkle Chili Powder, Garlic Powder & Oregano on top.
- Pour Tomato Sauce on top & spread evenly.
- Place lid on top of Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot.
- Set temperature to High for 2 and 1/2 hours. Then, reduce to Medium for 1/2 hour.
- Stir before serving into bowls.