This is an "easy to prep" kind of treat! Place all the ingredients in a bowl & combine thoroughly. Then, in a large skillet over Medium heat, cook & also *stir constantly. Cook for 5- 6 Minutes. Place on a large pan to cool. It's that easy! Crunchy Oats are stored in the fridge. It's great to have a batch to enjoy! They taste so good on top of cold cereal, too!
*Mixture will burn if it is not constantly stirred!
adapted from The Quaker Oats Wholegrain Cookbook
1 & 1/4 Cups Quaker Oats (Old Fashioned)
1/3 Cup Wheat Germ
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon Nutmeg
1/3 Cup Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
1/3 Cup Honey
- Combine Oats & Wheat Germ in a bowl.
- Add Cinnamon & Nutmeg, combine.
- Add Olive Oil & combine well.
- Then add Honey, again combine well. Mixture is very sticky.
- Place mixture in large skillet.
- Over Medium Heat cook while constantly stirring.
- Cook for 5- 6 Minutes.
- Then place Crunchy Oats on cookie pan to cool.
- After cooling, place in air tight container & store in fridge.