|Baked Haddock Casserole|
Baked Haddock Casserole! This is such a delicious entree!
My Fiestaware individual sized casserole dishes are perfect for baking this yummy seafood. It can be prepared any time during the year using fresh or defrosted Haddock.
We've enjoyed this at dinner so many times during the past year. Last summer when we were at the Cape (Cape Cod in MA) we stopped in for dinner at a favorite restaurant in Orleans, MA- Rock Harbor Grill. At dinner that evening we had a yummy baked fish entree, only it contained sausage in the topping. Considering that I am watching my cholesterol, I decided to make a similar dish at home minus the sausage. I add Paprika for the extra kick here. To be honest, I do not see a difference in taste.
The fish is light & moist in this casserole. The cheese & herbs give it a great taste. It has become one of our favorite dinners on a cold New England night.
Bake this entree some evening! It is so good!
Baked Haddock Casserole
Oven Temperature: 350°F Time: 45 Minutes
2 pieces (1/2 lb. each) Captain's Cut Haddock (- thick pieces)
1/8 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
1/8 teaspoon Paprika
1/8 teaspoon Basil
3- 4 ounces shredded Mozzarella or Mozzarella/ Cheddar Cheese combo
15 Hint of Salt Ritz Crackers, crushed OR 2/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
3 Tablespoons Butter/ Margarine, melted
1/3 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- Butter individual baking dishes.
- Rinse Haddock under cool running water.
- Place in baking dish.
- Sprinkle on Parsley Flakes.
- Then, sprinkle on Paprika & Basil.
- Cover with shredded Cheese.
- In a small bowl combine crushed Ritz Crackers OR Bread Crumbs & Garlic Powder.
- Add melted Butter/ Margarine & Worcestershire Sauce. Combine well.
- Spread half of Mixture Topping on top of each baking dish.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 Minutes.
This entree is just delicious! There's no need to enjoy it only at a restaurant! Serve it at home with a Salad & a Baked Potato!