|Banana Cornmeal Pancakes|
In the past the recipe for the Cornmeal Pancakes was printed on the box. However, times have changed. It's no longer visible- at all. So, I always google to locate it. I always seem to forget the amount of Milk needed. For this reason I am writing this post! For me & also for all of you who just may try it!
- Soy Milk for the Milk
- 2 Egg Whites for 1 Whole Egg.
- Olive Oil for sauteing & baking for melted shortening.
Banana Cornmeal Pancakes
1 whole ripened Banana, mashed
2 Egg Whites, beaten
1/2 Soy Milk
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
1 pk. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
- Combine mashed Banana & beaten Egg Whites.
- Add Soy Milk + Olive Oil.
- Combine with 1 pkg. Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. Stir well.
- Use about 1/2 cup batter for each pancake, more if desired.
- Place batter on hot griddle, turning over when brown.
The extra pancakes??? Oh, I always freeze them. Place in a sandwich bag & then in a Ziploc Freezer Bag. Label/ date & freeze. They are so tasty on a busy morning- after heating in the microwave!