|Cheesy Eggplant Parmesan ready for the oven!|
I've been baking this for a while, but now I've also changed my original recipe. When preparing it, place a combination of Ricotta Cheese + Mozzarella Cheese on top of the Eggplant round after placing the Eggplant in the baking dish. Then, top with a second round of Eggplant. That extra yummy taste of creamy Ricotta Cheese sandwiched between Eggplant slices!
Bake a batch! It's so good!
Cheesy Eggplant Parmesan
Olive Oil for baking & sauteing
1 Cup Ricotta Cheese- can be low fat or fat free
8 ounces Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Tomato Sauce- (16- 20 ounces)
(1) 6 ounce can Tomato Paste
1 Green Pepper (chopped) and/ or 1 Zucchini Squash (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Line a large cookie pan with foil, spray with PAM.
- Wash & dry all vegetables.
- Cut each Eggplant into 1" rounds. ***Cut an even number of rounded slices.
- Place each Eggplant round on cookie sheet.
- Drizzle a small amount of Olive Oil for baking & sauteing on top of each round.
- Then, lightly sprinkle with Basil.
- Bake Eggplant for 20 Minutes in 450°F.
***While Eggplant is baking:
- Spray a large baking dish with PAM.
- Combine & mix Tomato Sauce & Tomato Paste in a bowl.
- Place a small amount of sauce mixture in baking dish, covering bottom of dish.
- In another bowl, combine 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese and about 3 ounces of Mozzarella Cheese.
After Eggplant comes out of the oven:
- Place half of baked Eggplant rounds in baking dish.
- Place Cheese mixture on top.
- Place an Eggplant round on top of cheese.
- Top with Sauce mixture.
- Sprinkle on Mozzarella Cheese.
- Add chopped Green Pepper and/ or chopped Zucchini to baking dish around Eggplant.
- Cover the vegetables with all the remaining sauce mixture.
- Bake for 30- 35 Minutes until Eggplant is soft.
- Serve with Spaghetti & a Veggie Salad.