Thursday, September 17, 2020

Freezing Green Peppers

Green Peppers
(File Photo)

There have been so many great tasting local veggies available to purchase these days!  Not only in grocery stores where local produce is sold, but at roadside stands.  Slices of locally grown juicy fresh tomatoes hit the spot on our dinner table.  Another veggie that is available at this time of year is Green Peppers.  I like to add them to various main dishes when I'm cooking.  Usually at this time of year, I purchase the Peppers and prep them to place in our freezer, so I have them to use all winter.  Somehow, that did not work out for me last summer.  I missed opening our freezer door this past winter to take out a small bag to use. 

Not so this summer!  I have been getting to work!  There will be Pepper strips for Chili, for Pizza and for Chicken dinners.  I really do not want to purchase bags of frozen Pepper chunks in the grocery store this winter.  

 Green Peppers are easy to prep to freeze, too!

  1. Rinse Green Peppers under cool running water.
  2. Pat dry.
  3. Cut into slices or chunks, discarding the stems and seeds.
  4. Place a handful of slices or chunks of Green Peppers in sandwich bags, close.
  5. Then, place sandwich bags into Freezer Bags and seal.
  6. Label and freeze.
Ready for my Freezer!
(File Photo)

The photo I used is a File Photo from 2014, but you can see the results!  This year I will have the Green Peppers that are needed for a recipe in my freezer ready to defrost!

Enjoy!

Yummy!


 

No comments: