The warm sun is shining and the grass is growing here in the Pioneer Valley. Our outdoor grill was used at dinnertime this weekend preparing easy tasty main dishes of grilled fish. Many of you have also been grilling haddock and swordfish. What better time to enjoy them than when our local grocery store offers special sales for the current week?
One very simple, yet tasty side dish for grilled fish is Easy Cheesy Noodles. It is a favorite from my childhood. However, now I use “No Yolks” Extra Broad Noodles. Egg noodles can be substituted. I cook half of the package of the dry noodles when preparing this dish.
This yummy fare is very easy to prepare!
1. Cook the noodles (desired amount) according to the package directions.
2. After draining the cooked noodles, place them in the cooking pot.
3. Add 2 TBS. Butter/Margarine, a dash of pepper and stir.
4. Then add about 8 oz. Cottage Cheese to the hot noodles.
5. Stir and then cover until serving.
6. Reheating quickly before serving may be needed.
The cottage cheese will be quickly heated and some may melt.
***For a special taste use Onion & Chive Low Fat Cottage Cheese!
This side dish is so good it became a family favorite years ago. Have you tried it?