Learning while having fun! Summer is a great time to continue to learn about new topics and also investigate a bit more. For those of you who live in Massachusetts or plan to travel to Massachusetts this summer you may be interested in the opportunities that the Highland Street Foundation is offering - Free FUN Fridays 2011. Each Friday this summer, there are a group of interesting places throughout MA to visit - free of charge. In the brochure each Friday date is listed and color coded with the locations that can be visited without paying an admission. Click on any specific cultural attraction to learn more about it.
As I was thinking about the cultural attractions that we have visited in the past that are included on this wonderful list, the tri-colored tortellini were boiling away. The Springfield Museums and Museum of Fine Arts Boston are two of my faves, just as Tangy Tortellini Salad is always a summertime treat. A package of frozen Tortellini is a start to this fave salad. The directions are easy and easy is good!
Tangy Tortellini Salad
(1) pkg. frozen Tri-colored Tortellini (12 oz.)Italian Salad Dressing
1/4 Cup Black Olives, cut in half
1/8 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Tablespoon chopped Parsley
- Prepare Tortellini according to the directions on the package.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again.
- Place Tortellini in a bowl.
- Add about 1/2 Cup Italian Salad Dressing, stir.
- Add Black Olives, cut in half.
- Add Garlic Powder & Parsley, stir.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, stirring once or twice.
- If needed, add a little more Italian Salad Dressing before serving.