After getting our dose of culture at the Met two Sunday's ago, we stopped into the cafeteria to grab a bite to eat. The Tofu Wraps in the case caught my attention! For quite a few years tofu was a staple on my grocery list. During the winter months at lunchtime "Unreal Egg Salad" on Raisin Bread tasted divine. So, looking into the "wrap/sandwich case" and spying a wrap filled with tofu sounded wonderful. It was! This wrap also contained a few Craisins and lettuce.
This past week Craisins with Pomegranate Juice was featured at our local Costco. Now, Craisins are a staple in my pantry and they were on my Costco list. At that moment I envisioned a Tofu Wrap including about 5 of these Craisins. Into the cart the package went!
A package of tortillas are always located on the bottom shelf in my fridge. This week we will enjoy a Tofu Wrap! With Craisins!
Unreal Egg Salad - 2 wraps
Firm Tofu - about 1" slice Tofu cut into very small pieces
1/4 teaspoon dry Ground Mustard
1/8 teaspoon Paprika
Mayonnaise - desired amount
- Cut about 1" slice firm Tofu into very small pieces.
- After placing Tofu pieces in a small bowl, add Ground Mustard and Paprika, stir.
- Add desired amount of Mayonnaise.
- Place in center of tortilla, spread.
- Add 5 Craisins and lettuce.
- Fold over 3/4" two opposite sides of tortilla.
- Now starting at one unfolded end roll filled tortilla to opposite end.
When making this yummy wrap all of the Tofu is not used at once, so it is stored following these instructions:
- After opening the Tofu package and taking the desired amount, store the remaining Tofu properly.
- Place in a container that has a lid. Add cold water to cover Tofu.
- Place the lid on and store in the fridge.
- Every day the water is drained and more cold water added to cover the Tofu.
- Use within 1 week.