Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lime Simply Delicious

Ready to be placed in the fridge!
Just the thought of anything lime flavored sounded refreshing, cooling and so good on this HHH day.  I was in the kitchen waiting for the milk to come to a boil for my double batch of yogurt.  It's quite messy if the milk does boil over the top of the pot, so the "watch detail" was in progress.  You know...a watched pot never boils... 

Suddenly, Lime Simply Delicious came to mind.  Friendly's Vanilla Ice Cream was in the freezer and I only needed 1 Cup.  A package of lime flavored JELL-O was located in my cabinet.  This could only mean one thing - an easy to make, delicious, light dessert after dinner.

Lime Simply Delicious
2 servings
printable recipe card

Ingredients:
1 small pkg. Lime flavored gelatin - I use JELL-O.
1 Cup Vanilla Ice Cream
1 Cup Cold Water

Method:
  1. Place 1 small pkg. gelatin in a large bowl.
  2. Add 1 Cup boiling water.
  3. Stir well to dissolve gelatin. (I use whisk.)
  4. Add 1 Cup Vanilla ice cream to mixture.
  5. Stir well to dissolve ice cream. (I use whisk.)
  6. Pour into dessert dishes or mugs.
  7. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
  8. Top with Reddi-wip or whipped cream before serving! 
Strawberry ice cream and strawberry gelatin also are very refreshing!  This is an easy to make dessert on an HHH summer day!  Do you make a fave easy dessert on a hot day?

Enjoy!
Yummy!
   

3 comments:

Pam said...

Wow! I love love lime so have to try this! It sounds refreshing and delicious for these hot hot days we're having! Thanks for the recipe!

JG said...

Pam- Lime flavored is my fave! My DH put in a request for Strawberry flavored for tonight.

~Judy

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That sounds so good and I could make it using sugar free ingredients! I love lime...I'll try this!