|*Update: Image added 1/11/13|
Last night a hearty bowl of this yummy soup along with sliced Rye Bread was quick, easy & oh so tasty! Yes, it was in my freezer, but two weeks ago I made a pot of it using this easy recipe:
1 lb. Italian Sweet Sausage - removed from casings
4 cans (14.5 oz. each) College Inn Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth
1 can (14 - 20 oz.) Diced or Whole Tomatoes, drained
1 box chopped frozen Spinach, thawed
1 Cup White Rice, uncooked
1 lb. Baby Carrots (rinsed)
1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
1 pkg. (10 - 14 oz.) defrosted Green Beans - optional
- Remove Sausage from casings and brown in skillet.
- Break Sausage into pieces while it is browning.
- Place all remaining ingredients into large pot or Dutch Oven.
- Add browned Sausage.
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer.
- Simmer about 45-60 minutes until Rice has cooked.
This is definitely a meal in a bowl! (~No photo today. A problem with the images.~)
Do you prepare this quick, easy & delicious soup?
*It's great to have a "techie" husband! We worked through the image uploading issue today 1/11/13! Woohoo!