|Bran Muffins with Raisins ready for the freezer!|
I use the original recipe that was printed on the Kellogg's All-Bran Cereal box years ago. Well, with a few changes! I use Olive Oil for sauteing & baking, Soy Milk and Egg Whites rather than the original ingredients.
One batch yields 12 muffins. As long as my mixing bowls and cooking utensils are being used, I always bake a double batch and store most of them in the freezer. These muffins freeze very well!
Bran Muffins with Raisins
Time: About 25 Minutes
Yield: 12 Muffins
1 and ½ Cups Kellogg’s All-Bran Cereal
1 and ¼ Cups Milk (Can use Soy Milk)
1 and ¼ Cups Flour
3 tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Salt
½ Cup Sugar
2 Egg Whites
1/3 Cup Olive Oil (for Sauteing & Baking)
¼ Cup Raisins
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl combine All-Bran Cereal and Milk. Stir.
- In another bowl combine dry ingredients and stir.
- Beat Egg Whites with a fork in another small bowl.
- Combine Egg Whites and Olive Oil with Cereal/Milk mixture and stir well.
- Add dry ingredients and Raisins. Stir only until combined.
- Portion batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 400°F about 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown.
These moisty muffins make for a great breakfast treat! Store in Ziploc Freezer Bags in your freezer. Defrost overnight or in the microwave!