|Sockeye Salmon on the grill.|
Originally, this was not in my dinner plans for tonight. However, who can resist grilling seafood on a beautiful spring evening? A 1 lb. fillet of "wild caught" Sockeye Salmon (previously frozen) was purchased at our local Big Y's seafood department and the grilling basket was located.
This is an easy, quick dinner that tastes so good!
Grilled Sockeye Salmon
Olive Oil for sauteing & baking
***A grilling basket/ container is a very handy tool to use. It is sprayed with PAM before placing on the heated grill.
- Heat grill.
- On a large dish pour about 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil for sauteing & baking.
- Sprinkle about 1/8 teaspoon Paprika on the Olive Oil.
- Rinse Salmon Fillet under running cold water.
- Place fillet on Olive Oil/Paprika skin side up.
- Turn fillet over and coat other side with Oil mixture.
- Place fillet on/in grilling basket/container that has been sprayed with PAM.
- Grill on one side and then grill other side.
- Grilling time - A 1 lb. piece requires 5 - 7 Minutes on each side.
Serve with a microwaved "Baked Potato" and a veggie salad!